Tob Tabs

Monday, August 4, 2014

Second Anniversary

Oh, this is going to sound so cliche, but I really can't believe I've been married to my dear husband for two years.  This whole "time" thing keeps going faster and faster the older I get.  And I really wonder why that is?  Didn't time seem to stand still back in grade school?  Heck, even high school?  When you thought about how you'd never get out of school.  The years seemed to drag by.  Then, one day you wake up, and your life seems to be in fast forward.  With no pause button.  And no rewind.  
I couldn't imagine anything different though.  Nor do I think I would I want it any different.  Through all the struggles, there have been lessons learned.  I have grown.  As a person, wife, and mother.  Though, there is still a lot of learning left to do.  If you've been following my blog, you might remember my post from last year, on my one year anniversary.  If you're new (or would like to read it again), then you can see it here. It's such a great reminder to me.          


So two years of marriage down in the books.  Two years full of adventure, surprises, hardships, laughter, love, growth, frustration, and joy.  We've had our ups and downs, like most marriages.  But never would I ever want to share this journey with anyone but my husband, especially parenthood.  From marriage, to our sweet soon to be family of four, life is sweeter with him around. 


I absolutely love our tradition of taking a yearly anniversary picture with the number of how many years we've been married in it.  One day I'll have an album filled with them.  Though, I wonder if I'll run out of ideas to display which anniversary it is.  And I wonder if 40 year old me will think this idea is silly.  Or 70 year old me.  I hope not.  Because I'd really love to take one each year.           



I couldn't help myself as I eyed the cake.  I kept imagining smashing the crumbly cake into Kyle's face, smearing it with frosting.  Then, I realized my thoughts became reality.  I figured since I "deprived" him of this moment on our actual wedding day, it was the least I could do.  And being quite courteous himself, he returned the favor.  Right up my nose.  I couldn't smell anything but cake for days.  We are kids at heart, and I love it.  I also love the cute photos we got out of it as well.  Happy Monday!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner