Tob Tabs

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Double Digit Countdown

As the second trimester comes to a close, I'm feeling overwhelmed and in crunch mode.  I can't believe I'm already 26 weeks along, but at the same time, I can't believe I'm only 26 weeks along.  Time is a tricky thing.  But we have finally reached the double digit countdown.  97 more days, give or take.  And wouldn't you know, this mama has not done a single thing.  Besides buying two packs of newborn diapers because they were on sale.  I told myself after my last pregnancy that I wouldn't wait around to get everything done at the last minute again.  I lied.  Though, 13 weeks is still plenty of time.

So long as Mr. baby  boy McKean #2 doesn't decide to come into the world early like his big brother.  My water broke at 28 weeks, my first pregnancy.  And I gave birth at 31 weeks.  So maybe that's why I'm feeling a little on edge these days.  I'm also entering full on nesting mode.  This house is spotless.  I mean, I don't know how many times a day I will run the vacuum.  These pregnancy hormones are just enough to throw me over board.  I know deep down that if I don't get everything done before our nameless baby gets here, it will be okay.  It was with Kasen.  And it will be this time around.  Babies don't need much, but really..... try telling that to my irrational hormones.  They don't like to listen.

But as we are winding down the last week of my second trimester, I thought it would be nice to document a few of my favorite things.  My top food cravings this trimester have been home made vegetable pizza & chocolate chip cookies, watermelon, spinach salad, egg sandwiches, and sweet potatoes topped with salsa.  Not a week goes by without consuming one of those foods.



I really try hard not to eat more than two cookies a day, since I feel the need to make a batch every week now.  I didn't have all the ingredients for them last week, and my meals just didn't seem complete.  At least they are made with whole-wheat.  When I tell myself that, it makes me feel better.  ; )  It's crazy to think back to the first trimester, when even the thought of eating anything sweet made me nauseated.  Now my sweet tooth looks like it's come back, with a vengeance.      


And two of my favorite things in one picture.  My new preggers t-shirt and my favorite ginger "beer."  I live off them.  They really help with my nausea, and I can't seem to get enough.  And I can't get over how cute this shirt is.  I wish I would have had it when I was in the chubby looking stage of pregnancy, before my bump popped on out there.  I got a lot of inquisitive looks from people.  Is she pregnant, or is she just fat?


Here is my top 8 Second Trimester Love List

1.Ginger Ale // 2.Pregnancy Body Pillow // 3.Face Cream // 4.Tumbler // 5.Prenatal // 6.Clif Bar // 7.Book // 8. Sleep Shirt 

 1.  I've pretty much lived off of Reed's Ginger Ales'.  They are all natural, and they really do help with nausea.

2.  Sleeping is for the birds these days.  I can't ever seem to get comfortable.  My back constantly aches with the weight of my growing tummy.  Not to mention having to get up and pee ten times a night and not being able to go back to sleep after waking up.  A pregnant friend told me about a body pillow that helps with sleeping.  She swears by the "Snoogle."  I had my mother in law make me one very similar after her testimony.  And it works wonders.  I'm still not sleeping through the night, but I am much more comfy than before.

3. My face has been super dry this pregnancy.  Not to mention I have been breaking out like crazy.  What a fun combination. The only thing that has not added to the breakouts and helped put moisture back in my skin, has been Bella Organics Face Cream.  It doesn't have all the harsh ingredients that most facial products do, and it doesn't feel so heavy on my skin.

4. I love cool water tumblers.  My husband likes to pick them out for me.  I guess it's kinda our "thing."  But it helps remind me how much water I'm drinking throughout the day, and I don't have to re fill a small cup all day long.  I usually go through 2-3 refills in my big mugs each day.  

5. After I learned about preservatives and harmful ingredients that were being added to my food, I took a look at the prenatal I had taken throughout the first trimester.  It was full of preservatives, dyes, and artificial flavors.  Things that I'd rather not intake on a daily basis.  I was shocked that those kinds of ingredients were in a prenatal vitamin.  I switched over to Garden of Life's raw prenatal and love them.    

6. Clif bars are my go to energy snack these days.  They are quick, small, and fill me up.

7.  I love learning.  When it comes to parenting, there is no one size fits all solution.  I am intrigued by different techniques and parenting styles.  So far I am loving the book, "Bringing up Bebe."  I am anxious to finish it.  

8.  It's hot and things are not fitting the way they used to.  I love this night gown from Victoria's Secret.  It's comfy, light, and perfect for my big ole' belly.  And my summer never sleeps because of this lovely pregnancy insomnia.  So I found it humorous as well.  Probably more humorous than anyone else would find it.         

I'm really excited for the final stretch of pregnancy ahead.  I'm trying my best to soak up each week being pregnant, instead of wishing it away.  It really is such a beautiful thing.  And the whole process is so worth it.  Every ache, pain, and pound.

Happy hump day bump day, everyone !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner