Tob Tabs

Friday, June 13, 2014

You had me at Doughnut

TGIF!!!  I am counting down the hours (maybe even the minutes) until my husband gets home from work.  2 hours and counting, folks.  I really look forward to the weekends, not so much because we do anything too special or exciting, but simply because I have my husband home for 2 1/2 days of bliss.  Hello, extra set of hands to help wrangle a rowdy 14 month old boy.  And an extra special hello to getting one whole day to sleep in.  That certainly calls for somersaults and fireworks.  

I'm also looking forward to the weekend because of Father's Day.  Yep,  Father's Day.  I have a few surprises up my sleeve and a delicious breakfast in mind.  A homemade breakfast at that.  If you would have told me a year ago that I'd be cooking meals that weren't from a box or a can, than I would have laughed.  Hysterically.  Boy have I come a long way.  My husband sure is loving my improvements in the kitchen.  And who knew cooking was so much fun?  

Along with cooking, I've also been trying to be more consistent with date nights.  We are very sporadic with them, and they usually end up being netflix on the couch.  Which is cool and all, but it kind of gets old after a while.  I crave a little spontaneity and romance in my life.  I think I envy the Bachelor and Bachelorette too much.  The show literally makes me feel like I need a private concert while eating a candle lit dinner on a rooftop in Italy.  Or that I need to go horseback riding on the beach followed by fireworks and a picnic under the moon.  But I guess I'll settle with reality.  It's not that bad.  Especially when you make a delicious bowl (and I mean delicious) of lobster bisque for a stay at home date.  Oooo-la-laaa.  

I decided to dress semi cute/causal for the occasion and ditch the yoga pants I wear way too much.  They were glad to have a break from me.  

Anyone else think that lobster bisque kind of sounds fancy?  I get this eloquent feeling like I should stick my pinky finger up while eating it.  Welcome to my 5 star kitchen, darlings.  I can't believe it was as easy as it was to make.  Not to mention it was scrumptious.  I feel like scrumptious is a fancy enough word to describe it.  Très magnifique.    





I was going for a romantic type night.  A candle lit dinner for two.  Equipped with garlic bread, good conversation, and dessert.  All that was missing was a glass of wine.

I felt like we needed creme brulee or something fancier for a treat, but Krispy Kreme doughnuts came in for the win.  They are kind of like petite fours or eclairs?  If you consider those to be more on the eloquent side.  So much for my organic diet.  My excuse is pregnancy.  I mean really I can't resist.  You had me at doughnut.        




Somehow I stopped myself at one.  I really could have finished off the whole box, I mean the baby wanted them.  ; )  Not sure I'll have as much restraint come 38 weeks in though.  Or even the rest of the weekend for that matter.  Mr. baby boy McKean #2 is kicking me right now, trying to convince me that I need one.  Maybe four.  Oh, someone help me.     

Here's to hoping your weekend is full of sunshine, laughter, fathers, good food, and possibly even doughnuts.  Help me feel better about finishing off the rest of the box this weekend.  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner