Tob Tabs

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend Recap

What a week, what a week, what a week.  Exhausting isn't even a strong enough adjective to describe it.  Kasen kick started the weekend with his very first cold.  He started feeling bad Thursday afternoon, and I don't think I've ever seen anything more pitiful.  I knew something was wrong when the only place he wanted to be was in my lap, but you won't catch me complaining about some extra cuddles.  He's way too busy for them these days.  Poor baby had a low grade fever on top of a runny nose and cough.  His eyes were watery and he was so weak.  Not to mention he was in pain due to his front tooth finally breaking skin.  This was Kasen's first time being sick in his first 14 months of life.  We think it was a teething related cold, but none the less it made him feel awful.  I can't even explain how broken hearted I felt seeing my baby that way.  Honestly, we've been blessed that Kasen hasn't been sick thus far (which I partially attribute to nursing him exclusively for 13 months).  I like to tell myself that at least because of all the hard work that went into it.        



With this being his first time sick, I called his pediatrician to ask what I needed to do.  I also ran to Whole Foods to get a few things for Kasen, in hopes of helping him feel better.  I got organic chicken noodle soup and watermelon for him to eat.  The watermelon was especially good because it helped keep him hydrated.  Not to mention he loves watermelon, so it was extremely heart warming to see my sick baby light up when he saw it.  I also got a few lemons to mix with some honey.  The honey is high in antioxidants and is supposed to help with congestion, while the lemon provides a small dose of vitamin C.  I also got tissue and some homeopathic infant cold tablets.     
   
Daddy captured a candid picture of pitiful faced Kasen snuggling with mommy.  Bless his little heart.  We turned on Sesame Street for him and let him nap on us all night.  Luckily, his fever hit the road the next day, and he started feeling a little more like his rambunctious self.  Kyle and I celebrated with homemade corn dogs (because that's a celebratory food?) and took Kasen outside to play for a little bit.  It cheered him up because he loves being an outside baby.  One day we will have a big yard for him to play in.

 We ended the weekend with a lovely wedding that Kyle and I were honored to be a part of.  We had so much fun celebrating, and I won't lie, I was thrilled that I fit into my bridesmaid dress.  Such a proud prego moment.  You see, we ordered the dresses in way back November.  Dresses from a place that doesn't do exchanges or refunds.  When I found out I was pregnant in February, the first thing I did was try on my dress.  Okay, maybe not the first thing.  But I did think about it soon after.  I've been in the clear up until the past two weeks when my bump finally made a grand entrance.  



 It was such a special day for our sweet friends. And it was my first time seeing my husband in a tux.  He was sharp and on point.  He told me he couldn't quit looking at me during the ceremony, and I laughed because I guess we were missing each others stares.  I just might have been staring at my stud too.  Okay, enough with the mushy gushy stuff.  And someone que an "ewwww."  I just realized how gross the word gushy sounds.  Gag.  I'll have to add that to my list of disgusting words.  You know, the ones that make you cringe?  Like moist.  Ew. 

So my husband blessed me with a 3 hour nap today while he played with our son.  It was perfect napping weather too.  Such a rainy and dreary afternoon.  Being pregnant and taking care of a sick baby all on top of helping and attending wedding festivities all weekend really got to me.  But being apart of our friend's special day and getting extra snuggles from my baby boy was all well worth a little extra exhaustion.  I'm thinking an early bed time tonight will be on the schedule.  And with that I bid you good night.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner