Tob Tabs

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Summer of Burgers

 My husband is a burger fanatic.  I'm seriously not sure I've ever seen him order anything but a burger at any restaurant we've ever been to in the four years I've known him.  Unless we're at a place that doesn't serve burgers (obviously).  He is always dreaming up burger creations but has yet to actually put together one of his crazy concoctions.  So this summer he wanted to live out his burger fantasies, and I decided to blog about it as well as be a taste tester.  I've always wanted to be one of those.  This week he went down an unusual route.        


You might be wondering what in the world it is?  This, folks, is a bacon wrapped burger topped with sharp cheddar cheese, melted to perfection, all enclosed in a cinnamon roll bun.  It's a burger for breakfast.  Or dinner.  Whatever is your thing.  If a cinnamon roll burger is even appealing to you that is.  I wasn't too sure about this creation, but it actually wasn't too bad.  Interesting is the best word to describe it.    

And if you were wondering, YES it was messy and extremely hard to eat.  But the flavors actually meshed well together.  I'm sure I looked quite hilarious trying to shovel this big ole' burger in my mouth.  I ended up cutting the burger and cinnamon roll bun into little pieces and grabbing a smidgen of each with every bite.  Should have done that in the first place.

I'm curious as to what next week's burger concoction will be.  Kyle hasn't spilled the beans yet.  I say bring it on.  The summer of burgers it will truly be.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner