Tob Tabs

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day Weekend


Another weekend down in the books, and I'm already looking forward to the next.  Eh, I should really get out more during the week.
 We had two wonderful days filled with food, family, & fun.  The triple threat, y'all.  Not to mention the weather was gorgeous.  Kasen splashed around in his kiddie pool wearing his striped swim trunks as Kyle grilled a delectable dinner on the grill.  Mmmm summer time and the living is easy.                  



I'm picture happy if you haven't already learned that about me.  So it shouldn't surprise you that I had a little father's day photo shoot with Kasen.  I dressed him in dad's favorite button down shirt and made a little entourage sign to complete the picture.  This baby is a little ham when the camera is on.  #cutenessoverload


I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend to celebrate the man we love.   Sunday morning I woke up especially early to make a savory father's day breakfast.  And by waking up early, I mean I never really went to sleep.  This pregnancy induced insomnia is no joke.  No wonder I feel like a zombie by mid day.  And by dinner I become the walking dread.  I'll try not to start a zombie apocalypse.
Lemon creme french toast was on the menu for breakfast in bed, delivered by yours truly.  Can you say room dad service.  It was absolutely delicious, and for you french toast lovers the recipe can be found here.   I added a little quirkiness to it, well...because I felt like it.  I had to make it fun for the funniest man around town.  We finished the day with Kyle's choice of food, activities, and television.  Kasen even gave him extra snuggles and laughs.  That is sure to make a happy dad.  Add in a back scratch, and the winner of best family goes to Kasen and I.  We love Kyle so much, and if you happened to miss my sentimental post about him, you can catch it here.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner