Tob Tabs

Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer State of Mind

It's that time of year again.  Ahhh sweet summer time.  I am pumped for summer this year, though I can't believe May is almost over.  Does anyone else know when June snuck up?  Seriously must have been while I blinked.  None the less, bring it on.

Fun fact:  I never once put on a swim suit last summer.  Which also means, I never went swimming (gasp).  Not even once.  And really that's not a fun fact because I LOVE swimming.  Well, I love laying out in the water.  Give me a blow up raft and a drink and that's how my swimming is done.  This year I am determined to get to a pool and soak up a little vitamin D.  I don't even care that I'm going to be as big as a beached whale.  I'm going to rock my baby bump in a swim suit with no shame in my game.

Along with swimming, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do this summer.  I especially want to do fun things with Kasen, as he will get to experience a lot of firsts.  So with Kasen in mind, I put together a short summer bucket list.  I can't wait to get started.    


Speaking of swimming, Kasen's little swimsuit was finally delivered today.  But nothing ruins the delivery of a highly anticipated package more than TWO spiders creeping into your house as soon as you open the door.  One ran strait under the couch and the other went to the corner.  It's possible that I used a whole can of Lysol to kill the double duo.  Though, I had to wait a whole 15 minutes to kill the last spider since it decided to play hide and seek.  I can't even explain how creeped out and paranoid I was until it made a re appearance.  Luckily my 14 month old was watching Sesame Street and wasn't even phased when I screamed.  Gosh what is it with me and screaming at bugs?  I "lysoled" that spider till there was no more Lysol left in the can.  Maybe it would have been eaiser to kill them with a shoe, but it gives me the chills just thinking about it.  I have a weird phobia of stepping on bugs with my shoe or even swatting at them for that matter.  I feel like the spider will climb on me if I do.  The house may still smell faintly of ocean breeze lysol, but I'm not complaining.   




 Swim Trunks || Shark Towel || Bear Hat || Baby Float Raft

So I put together another little style board for baby boy, this time swim inspired.  I can't even get over how cute the shark hooded towl is.  So ready to throw Kasen in his swim trunks and see his reaction to pool time.  And while I'm on the subject of summer, it's officially the season of weddings.  We have more than a handful to attend in the next few months and marked one down in the books last Sunday.  I love weddings and Kasen loves eating grass at weddings.  I let Kasen down in front of my bench to play with his toys as the ceremony began.  I was pleased that he was being so quiet and as I glanced down, I saw why.  A mouthful of grass along with a sly "I know I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing" look is what I saw.  Oh babies.  At least he's cute.  I am so fond of the pictures I shot of him at the wedding.  Sometimes I think he could be a baby model.  I am his mom though.

Leaving you with some pictures to enjoy and well wishes for the end of the week.  Cheers to the weekend y'all!!!    







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner