Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's Fall, Y'all

My oh My

Fall just might be my favorite.  I love everything about it.  I love the crisp autumn breeze scattering colorful leaves that have flittered and floated to the ground.  The glow of a warm bonfire melting marshmallows for s'mores.  Football games, delicious chili, and cozy oversized hoodies.  The sweet woodsy smell of burning leaves as soon as you go outdoors.    Bright orange pumpkins decorating porches all around.  Scarfs, leggings, and boots.  Candy corn, Halloween Captain Crunch that turns your milk green, and Pumpkin bread.  Well pumpkin everything.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin spice coffee.  Scary movies, carmel apples, and daylight savings.  I mean who doesn't love an extra hour of sleep?  Throw in Halloween and Thanksgiving and ahhhh what a lovely time of the year.  It's almost the most wonderful.  But Christmas time will always have the number one spot in my heart.  

Last Fall I was sick and pregnant.  And the entire month of November I thought I had had a miscarriage.  So I didn't get too giddy about the Holidays...(and that's a different story for another day), but with that said, this year I am trying to squeeze lots of Fall related fun into my days.  : )  I've been a little over the top, but Holidays make me happy.  And happy me is better than pouty me ; ).  I'm sure my husband would vouch for that.  

I've gotten to do a lot of the things on my "Fall Bucket List" so far. You might have read in an earlier post about our trip to the Texas state fair .  The fair is a must do each fall, no excuses.  I've also baked some fall goodies, and I FINALLY got around to decorating.  Though, I didn't do as much decorating as I would have liked, I had a good reason.  Well two good reasons.  Behind not having a whole lot of extra money, my husband made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  I could either get fall decorations that would come down in a month, or I could get some more Christmas decorations that I could put up early.  But I couldn't have both.  I have been known in times past to talk my family into putting up Christmas decor the first of November. ; )  Like I said above, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.  It is magical and my love for Christmas couldn't pass up that offer.  Sorry Fall, maybe next time.  


So the little bit of decorating I did was a center piece for my kitchen table.  I bought a bag of tiny pumpkins and painted a few of them.  Add some ribbon and rhinestones, and ta-da.  Easy smeasy.  I also made the "It's Fall Yall" sign or serving tray (whatever you want to call it).  The girls in my life group had a project night, and we made many variations of serving trays'.  I really like how mine turned out, and it was really simple.  (Simple speaks directly to my crafting language).  All you need is a picture frame and handles.  I decided to paint on the glass with chalk board paint, but you could also put scrapbook paper in the glass instead.  So many variations with all ending up being fab-uuuu-lous!  I also attempted my very first fall wreath, y'all.  It didn't really turn out how I planned, but after a few hours of working on the darn thing, I just gave up and hung it up.  It's not a complete disaster.... Right?  Or can I hear the neighbors laughing now?       



I know burlap has been an ever going trend now, but I still love it.  What I love even more, though, is coffee.  And wouldn't you know that my love of coffee warranted the need for my very own coffee bar?  I saw the idea on pinterest, and have been jonesing to have one for a while.  It's perfect really.  It frees up the lack of counter space we already didn't have, and it helps cover up those awful off-white apartment walls.  Plus, it is good for year round use.  But it was the perfect addition to our residence for the start of Fall.  Oh, nothing is better on a chilly morning than a steaming mug of pumpkin spice coffee made directly from your coffee bar.                                   

                                             

 




 I've got a handful of things to finish on my Fall to-do's.  I just have to prioritize.  Which I might not be so good at.  ; )  But so far, so good.  And just an FYI, if you already haven't figured it out, the whole "adult" thing is fun at times.  Like getting to decorate how you want, and making cookies because you want them, (though you definitely don't need them).  However, the bill's and budgeting, I could do without.

Now, to my favorite part of Fall so far.  PICTURES.  Go figure.  These pictures' are my absolute favorite.  This is Kasen's first Fall, first Halloween, first everything.  And by golly I have to take photos to remember it.  They were too cute to pass up.  You're welcome, Kasen.  









I mean, that pumpkin booty is the cutest little thing I have EVER seen.  I can't stand it.  Goodness.  Well y'all, until next time.  Cheers !!



2 comments:

  1. Where is the wall shelf for the coffee mugs from?! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I got it at Hobby Lobby. And I waited for it to go on sale, as Hobby Lobby rotates their sales throughout the week. It was half off, which made it even better :).

      Delete