Tob Tabs

Friday, August 9, 2013

Anniversary Trip

Branson Bound

Dear Husband & I had a fantastic one day getaway in celebration of our very first wedding anniversary.  A last minute pick landed us to the destination of Branson.  We headed out early Saturday morning in Kyle’s favorite part of the trip (his parents Mercedes Benz).  After about a three hour drive, we arrived and started shopping at the Landing. 


Part of my gift to Kyle was letting him choose what we were going to eat all weekend (I'm usually quite picky).  So he decided on lunch at Joe’s Crab Shack.  I cracked my very first crab. Which is a bit of a big deal because I really dislike seafood.  Not because it tastes bad, but because it creeps me out.  Ick.  I think the only reason I agreed to split a crab with Kyle was because I wanted a bib.   







After lunch we shopped more, ate some not so great over-priced fudge, then stopped at our Bed & Breakfast to check in and drop our bags off.  This was my very first stay at a Bed & Breakfast, and I have to say... it was pretty neat.  The flat screen t.v. in our room was bigger than the one in our living room, and I especially loved all the “free” mini snacks.

Next, we decided to check out some more shops, and by the time we got done the traffic was out in the WORST kind of way.  We had planned on going back to the hotel to change for dinner, but an hour of stop and go swayed our decision to play at one of the many places we passed.  The ejection  seat was first on our list.  Followed by go-karts & mini golf.  By the time we got done it was close to eleven, so our dinner choices were slim.  Kyle's winning pick was Fudruckers.  I was really quite scared he would pick McDonalds.

Eleven 'O Clock is late for us folks and since traffic was STILL out, we headed back to the hotel.  As I settled in, I couldn’t help but to think we were in the perfect set up for a horror movie.  For starters we were in an old restored hotel that was dimly lit.  As beautiful as it was, it didn't lack creepiness.  The staff had gone home for the night, and soft creaks echoed in the halls.  I hadn't sighted any guests but could hear faint laughter in the distance.  I scared myself out of a good night of sleep.  A baby free night of sleep at that.  
Alas, morning finally came.  I really wanted to eat breakfast at a place called Grandma Ruth’s Cinnamon Rolls before we headed out.  So, we made our way twenty minutes in traffic (who would have guessed) just to find out that it was closed.  : (   Breakfast Fail.  By this point we were so antsy to get on the road back home, but traffic held us up for another hour and half before we could jump on the highway.  Let's just say Branson is not on our good side after that. 



Okay, so we didn’t do anything super extravagant or go anywhere that thrilling, but it was perfect in all it’s un-perfect ways.  The trip was memories made and MUCH needed alone time together.  I always seem to forget how refreshing it is for us to get away, even for a short amount of time.  I know that as a couple we need time together (just the two of us) free from distractions.  And lately, with all the busyness of life, we have sort of neglected that.  I have made it a goal to implement more date nights (even at home when Kasen is asleep).  I realize that we will be the example my son sees of marriage.  The only course on marriage he might get is at our home, and though there are many more components of a strong marriage, spending quality time together is really important.  The relationship Kyle and I build as husband and wife will be the foundation of our marriage and most importantly our family.  And you know what they say, "a couple that plays together, stays together."   

With all that said, I can't tell you how excited I was to get home to my baby.  My heart ached as we got closer to picking him up.   I am really not even sure if the car came to a complete stop before I raced inside my parents house to get him.   And as silly and overly emotional as it sounds, his sweet smiling face brought tears to my eyes.  I missed him so much.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner